Monday, September 19, 2011

Week 15: Citrus Cheese Pie

Okay, I'm not a huge citrus person when it comes to baked goods, but I LOVED how this week's cheesecake turned out.  This is by far my favorite one that I've made!  No cracks or hairline cracks whatsoever, perfect texture, and perfectly speckled with lime and orange zest.  The picture I took of the cheesecake (er, pie) does not do it justice.  Seriously, so yummy!

Here is the recipe for George Geary's Citrus Cheese Pie:
1 1/4 cups lemon cookie crumbs
3 tbsp melted butter

2 packages cream cheese softened
3/4 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 tbsp lemon zest
2 tbsp orange zest
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1tbsp fresh orange juice
1 tsp vanilla

Classic Whipped Cream Topping

In a bowl, combine lemon cookie crumbs and butter.  Press into bottom and sides of pie plate and freeze.

in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar on medium high speed for 3 minutes.  Next, add eggs, one at a time, mixing each egg into batter before adding the next egg.  Add zests, juices and vanilla, and mixing until blended.  Pour over frozen crust and bake in a 325 degree oven for 25 to 35 minutes.  Cool on rack for 2 hours.  Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6 hours.

Classic Whipped Topping
1/2 cup whipping cream
2 tbsp sugar

In a well chilled bowl, whip cream on med-high speed until soft peaks form.  Sprinkle sugar into the cream and mix until firm peaks form.


2 comments:

  1. I'm afraid I failed to notice the speckling or lack of cracking as I devoured this down...so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Daniel! :) It's my favorite one so far.

    ReplyDelete